WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW...
Who is Thomas Cleveland?
He is best known for his reverse design of the American Platinum Eagle coin. The design features an outstretched American bald eagle covered by a federal shield with the inscription "FREEDOM."
Recently, Cleveland signed an exclusive insert label signature deal with the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS).
Why are Hand-Signed Labels sought after by sophisticated collectors? Over time, there has been much interest in the autographs of famous figures in the coin world. Passionate coin collectors take great pleasure in the “hunt” for their treasured autograph signed labels.
The Importance of 2020 Philadelphia Mint (P) American Silver Eagle MS70
You will see that this Hand-Signed Label displays the flag waving and signed in gold by Cleveland. You will be impressed by its unique design.
Why Collect/Invest in American Silver Eagles?
- Each coin is a work of art in its grace and beauty.
- The American Silver Eagle bullion coins may be used to fund Individual Retirement Account investments.
- These silver dollars are a great investment as collectors flock to this rare coin.
- No collection is complete without the 1986, 2020 and 2021 American Silver Eagles.
American Silver Eagle Design
- The design of the obverse side was taken from the Adolph A. Weinman’s Walking Liberty Half Dollar from 1916-1947. The obverse is inscribed with the year of minting, the word LIBERTY and the phrase IN GOD WE TRUST.
- The reverse side, designed by John Mercanti, portrays the heraldic eagle behind a shield. The eagle is grasping an olive branch in its right talon and arrows in its left talon. Above the eagle are thirteen five-pointed stars representing the Thirteen Colonies. It is inscribed with the phrases United States of America, 1 oz. FINE SILVER-ONE DOLLAR E PLURIBUS UNUM on the banner that the eagle holds in its beak.
- Why are Hand-Signed Labels sought after by sophisticated collectors? Over time, there has been much interest in the autographs of famous figures in the coin world. Passionate coin collectors take great pleasure in the “hunt” for their treasured autograph signed labels. It is no surprise that certified coin labels quickly became favorites of coin collectors from all over the world. Of all the autographs in the numismatic world, collectors find John Mercanti signed coins to be the most desirable.
Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) is a coin grading, authentication, attribution, and encapsulation services was founded in 1985 which is the same year that the Liberty Coin Act was signed. PCGS came along just in time for the release of the inaugural edition of the 1986 American Silver Eagle. The PCGS holder is made of clear plastic.
The certification grading is based on the 70 Point Sheldon coin grading scale. Strike designations include Proof like, Deep Proof like, Cameo and Ultra Cameo for coins. Unique and hand-signed labels garner a higher price because of their rare status.
Photos are representative of the beauty and appearance of the coin you will receive.